Christmas recycling tips
- Recycle any broken or unwanted small electrical items, such as toasters or hair dryers, using the small electrical collection we introduced last February. Put them in an untied carrier bag next to your green box on your collection day;
- Recycle your Christmas tree. Throughout January the Council will collect your real Christmas tree for free on your fortnightly garden waste collection day. Remember to cut-up if taller than 1.2 metres so it can fit in our vehicles;
- Recycle your greetings cards, wrapping paper and gift tags in your green box;
- Recycle your food waste, including bones, peelings, tea bags and egg shells. Make sure you use your food waste recycling collection for all food waste, so that we can recycle it into compost;
- Love Food, Hate Waste by buying the right amount of food you need and making sure your festive food gets eaten. The www.lovefoodhatewaste.com advent calendar offers all sorts of exciting suggestions.