Tuesday, 22 March 2011

Odins Road Play area - grant application

Somer have bid for a grant for the play area, here is the details

As the Community Initiatives Officer I am currently looking at all the Play Areas that Somer Community Housing Trust own across Bath & North East Somerset and this particular one stands out as in desperate need of some TLC. It could become a well used and loved play space for all the community to use but instead at the moment initial consultations indicate that parents and carers do not want to use it for some of the reasons already mentioned. Somer have a limited budget which has to stretch across 21 play areas and I feel that this one would benefit from an extra boost that this fund could provide. I have only just heard about this opportunity (5pm deadline day) hence why I am applying at such late notice! However I know that the local community would support and be behind this bid. Thank You for considering Odins Road Play Area.

No comments: