Sunday, 24 October 2010
It was good to see so many people marching to save Culverhay. It is more that I can say for the meetings, the chair of the meeting was appalling, Cllr Paul Crossley asked if the meeting could be extended to which she refused, even though everyone said they wanted to talk more. Her excuse, "people may have made arrangements " if they had they could have left !
I will be taking up some of the points raised by Tony Parker as they were just wrong, and everyone knew it.
1) A431 Newbridge Hill will be undertaken during the school holiday - 25th and 26th October between the hours of 0700 and 1900.
2) Southdown Road (all - to be done in phases) 27th to 29th October and 1 - 4th November between the hours of 0700 and 1900.
3) A367 Fosseway (extents from the recycling centre to but not including the Tunley junction) 3rd to 5th and 8th to 9th November - nights between the hours of 1900 and 0700. (Public Transport are working with First to address alternatives). (these dates have been changed so that although the carnival at Radstock is not directly on the diversion route, the closure could deter people travelling to the event on the 11th November).4) A367 Wellsway - due to results of coring tests this site will now be postponed until February/March 2011.
Tuesday, 19 October 2010
Saturday, 16 October 2010
An Odd Down PACT Meeting took place on Thursday 14th October 2010 at St Philips School.
The following priorities were agreed at that meeting.:
- Implementation of 20mph speed limit on Upper Bloomfield Road
- Cleansing and provision of bins at Oolite and Odins Road
- Parking at Bloomfield Rise during school drop off/ pick up times